Since October 2018, the airport owners and Calgary-Okotoks Flying School have invested considerable amounts to improve the aging 40-year old airport. Revenues from airport users are plowed back into the airport to cover the cost of certification, grass maintenance, and snow clearing. Recent Improvements are as follows:
- New Fuel Tank - The previous 8000 litre fuel tank owned by Universal Aviation Services was removed, and a new 15,000 litre tank installed by FlightFuels.
- Taxiway and East Apron rehabilitation - Seal coating of a large section of the main apron, as well as restructuring of a section of the apron taxiway
- Investment in snow clearing equipment through purchase of a 75 tonnes per hour snowblower and tow behind sweeper.
- Landscaping of main building frontage
- Renovation of main building lower floor
- Installation of new cost-saving LED hangar lights
- New Windsock
- Replacement of numerous runway light fixtures and lenses