The airport owners have continually invested in the infrastructure to improve the aging 40-year old airport. Revenues from facility user fees, tie-down, overnight fees, fuel sales and rents are plowed back into the airport to cover the operating costs to maintain the certification. The operating standard required by the Operating Certificate means the operation of the airport is to the highest standards year round. Recent Improvements are as follows:
- New 15,000L AVGAS Fuel Tank (fuel supplied by FlightFuels).
- Taxiway and East Apron rehabilitation - Seal coating of a large section of the main apron, as well as re-building of a section of the apron
- Purchase of a 75 tonnes per hour snowblower and tow behind sweeper.
- Renovation of main building lower floor
- Installation of new cost-saving LED hangar lights